TUITION RATES & TUITION POLICY
MAP is a non-profit, parent-run organization and all monies received from our families goes directly into the program. We take pride in running an exceptional, developmental, and creative before and after school program.
For 2020-2021, during MAP's Hybrid Model of programming, the daily rate for tuition is $85.00.
2020-2021 TUITION RATES
JUMP START MAP Daily Full-Time (5 days)
Morning Jump Start (8:30-12:15) $37.00 $167.00
Afternoon Jump Start (11:15-2:30) $33.00 $148.50
Full Day Jump Start (8:30-2:30) $62.00 $279.00
MAP for KINDERGARTEN Daily Full-Time (5 days)
Morning only – 8:30 am – dismissal for PM K
or after AM K- dismissal-2:30 $30.00 $135.00
Morning/return until 4:30 pm
or after AM K dismissal-4:30 $47.00 $211.50
Morning/return to - 6:00 pm
or after AM K dismissal -6:00 $56.00 $252.00
FULL DAY K afternoon dismissal - 6:00 p.m. $34.00 $153.00
MAP for Grades 1-6 Daily Full-Time (5 days)
School dismissal until 6:00 p.m. $34.00 $153.00
MAP Tuition Policy (updated 1.2020)
- MAP establishes a daily fee for each program (Jump Start through 6th grade) based on the cost to care for each child.
- This fee is multiplied your child’s weekly schedule and number of weeks in the school year (approximately 38).
- It is then divided by 10 (or if starting later in the year, by the number of months remaining) to establish a monthly rate.
- MAP offers a 10% tuition discount for enrolling 5 days a week, and a 5% sibling discount for the lesser tuition.
- A deposit is required at MAP sign up. Tuition deposits will be held in escrow until you leave the program and then refunded to you provided your account is paid in full.
- All tuition is due in advance of services being rendered.
- Tuition is due regardless of your child’s absence from the program due to illness, holidays, vacations, etc.
- Tuition statements are emailed on the 15th of the month. Payment is due no later than the first of each month. (For example, the first bill of the year will go out on August 15 and payment is due to MAP on or before September 1).
- If you prefer to receive printed statements, need a receipt or other documentation please email your request to our Office Manager, Gaye Shannon at: email@example.com.
- Tuition payments are payable to the "Medfield Afterschool Program" or “MAP.” Payments must be by check, via your bank’s online bill pay, or a money order. Please put your customer number and/or your child’s last name on your check. Cash will not be accepted. Tuition payments can be dropped off at your child’s program, placed in MAP’s locked drop box located outside the Wheelock MAP modular, or mailed to: MAP, P.O. Box 18, Medfield, MA 02052.
Late Payment Fees and Program Exclusion:
- Payments that have not been received within 10 business days of the first of the month will result in a late fee of $25.00 being charged to your account.
- In the event a tuition check is returned by the bank to MAP, a fee of $25.00 will be assessed to your account.
- MAP may discontinue services if payment is not received for the past due amount within 20 business days of when the payment was due. Nonpayment of tuition will result in your child being removed from our enrollment, and the loss of your two-week tuition deposit.
- Overdue accounts may be referred to a collections agency after 30 days unless other arrangements have been made with the Executive Director. Families are responsible for all account balances, plus reasonable collection and attorney fees associated with the collection of the account.
- In order to not jeopardize your child’s enrollment for non-payment of tuition, families must contact the Executive Director to create a written payment plan. Payment plans must outline a new payment structure that includes the outstanding balance and ongoing tuition. The amount due weekly must be equal to the current tuition and a portion of the outstanding balance. Families will be given up to 8 weeks to pay the overdue balance amount. Failure to maintain the payment plan will result in an automatic suspension of your child’s enrollment. Families will forfeit their refundable two- week tuition deposit for non-payment of tuition and still be responsible for the past due amounts.
- MAP reserves the right to end enrollment and/or refuse future MAP enrollment due to non-payment of tuition.
- Once the tuition balance is paid in full the child/children may be re-enrolled, dependent upon space availability.
- If paying your tuition becomes a hardship, please contact the Executive Director, as they may be able to provide you with resources for financial assistance.
- Tuition will be charged for holidays and non-school days that fall within the academic year.
- Jump Start families are not billed for teacher professional days, conference days or non-school days as we are not open for Jump Start on those days.
- MAP does not charge extra tuition for coverage on early release days or conference days that are part of your child’s normal schedule.
- MAP does not include or bill tuition for the school vacation weeks (December, February or April).
- If there is a non-school day that MAP elects to open, there will be a special sign up and extra tuition may be due (not available for Jump Start).
- For special openings, extra days, February or April Vacation week tuition, etc., additional tuition is due with sign up.
- In the event of school closings (ex. snow days), additional days will be added at the end of the school year. These days were not included in your MAP tuition, as such; MAP will bill you for any additional days, per your child/children’s schedule. Families are responsible for paying for the additional days regardless of whether or not your child attends MAP. Failure to pay for these additional days will jeopardize your child’s enrollment for the following year.
- MAP requires 2 week written notice (email accepted) to make a schedule change, add or drop days, or withdraw from the program.
- Changes are subject to availability. Tuition will be adjusted accordingly as of the effective date of the change.
Late Pick up Fees:
- Late pick up fees will be billed separately and are payable upon receipt of invoice.
- The late pick up fee is $1.00 a minute after the applicable program designated pick-up time (12:15, 2:30, 4:30, or 6:00 p.m.).
- We do not want to charge you this late fee; we want you to arrive on time! Please notify us whenever possible if you are going to be late so we may inform your child.
More detailed information can be found in our Family Handbook (updated yearly) posted on our website, www.medfieldafterschoolprogram.com. All of our special sign ups (non-school days, vacation week coverage) will be posted on our website 3 weeks prior to the special openings.
Again, thank you for your interest in MAP, if you have questions or concerns, please call Annette Gallagher at 508.359.0003 or email Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org